If you are unhappy with the color of your teeth and have tried everything to make them whiter, don’t lose hope just yet. Teeth whitening is one of the most frequently requested and popular cosmetic dental treatments, almost never failing to make your smile whiter and brighter!
Why do Teeth Discolor?
Many factors cause teeth to become stained, dull or discolored.
- Heavily staining foods and drinks like tea, coffee and red wine
- Thinning of enamel with age, allowing the yellow dentine within to show more
- Staining due to drugs like Tetracycline
- Fluorosis, making the surfaces of teeth pitted and brown
- Failed root canal treatment
How does Teeth Whitening work?
All that’s involved is the application of a bleaching gel in a transparent tray which is fitted over teeth. A light is held in front of the teeth for an hour and activates the gel to begin bleaching the enamel and dentine of the teeth. You can walk out of Atlantic Dental Group after an hour with a dramatically brighter smile!